- Kinky Girl brings the BDSM Bookapalooza!
- Making Over Maris—A Funny, Scorching FemDom from Sabrina York
- Annie Nicholas and Open Relationships
- Sidney Bristol–What is this BDSM thing?
- Giveaway Alert with Carrie Ann Ryan!
- Zenobia Renquist and BDSM
- Giveaway Alert with Gia Dawn and Taste of Winter
- Elise Logan dishes about Tentacle Fetishes
- Kayla Lords: The Adventures of Sir and Babygirl
- Kayla Lords: What Being a Babygirl Means to Me
- Giveaway Alert! Sidney Bristol and Bound with Pearls
- Serena Biggs: Spouses who share
- Giveaway Alert: Roni Loren and Need You Tonight
- Keira Kohl: A swinging apartment complex
- A. Catherine Noon and Rachel Wilder: Realism
- A. Catherine Noon and Rachel Wilder: In the Lifestyle
- Delphine Dryden: Feels Like the Last Time
- Lea Griffith: The Things We Think We See
- Eden Bradley~A Kinky Writer Talks BDSM and Books!
- Shelley Munro, spanking and The Bottom Line
- Stacey Kennedy: What do you wear when you’re sizzling hot?
- Joey W. Hill: BDSM : For the body AND soul by Joey W. Hill
- Giveaway Alert: Holly Trent and O For Two
- JB Brooks: The Ins and Outs of Pervertables
- Lex Valentine: My Road to Writing BDSM
- Giveaway Alert: Elle Wylder and Saving Grace
- Liv Honeywell: Tease and Denial
- Tina Donahue: The delicate balance of pleasure.
- Cari Quinn: No Romance Required
- Roz Lee: I never meant to write kink…
- Rayne Millaray: being a 24/7 owned pleasure slave
- Giveaway Alert: Portia Da Costa and Delicious Pain
- Jennifer Kacey: A rope girl learning whips.
- Jodie Griffin: The Lighter Side of Kink
- Jennah Scott: Exploring BDSM
- Sadie Haller: Kink is music to my ears.
- Tilly Greene: Ups and Downs of Trying Something New
- Stories from the BDSM Life: Chevrolet
- #BDSMBookapalooza and Kinky Girl have come to an end.
Giveaway Alert! Elle Wylder is giving away a copy of her book, Saving Grace, Liv Honeywell is giving away a copy of Coming, Ready or Not, you can still win a prize from Tina Donahue, you can still win a book from Cari Quinn AND Portia Da Costa still has her boxed set giveaway. Don’t miss these!
Thank you so much for having me, Sidney.
Today, I’d like to talk about kinky musicians.
Quick, what did you just picture in your mind?
I’d be willing to bet most of you visualised guitar players and drummers, not flute players and bassoonists.
There is no shortage of kinky rock band stories, so it’s no surprise, that’s where our minds wandered.
I think we have this notion of classical musicians being stuffy, snooty, and boring, but I have to say, even after dating both a drummer and a guitarist (yes, in the same band; no, not at the same time), the kinkiest shit I ever heard from a musician came from the mouth of an oboe player.
Now, don’t get me wrong, I love good smutty stories about rock musicians, especially drummers (someone PLEASE write a story about a kilt wearing drummer), but as a classically trained musician with a fairly wide kinky streak, I got to feeling a little under-represented.
With not much more than the notion of a chamber group made up entirely of Doms, and an oboe playing rape survivor with severe performance anxiety, I started writing. In fact, if I recall correctly, up until the book was almost finished, my female lead was the only character with a name.
Even though I wrote the first draft in ten days, not everything went smoothly. Sometimes, characters will surprise you with the unexpected. In this case, it was Sully, who blind-side me with a foot fetish. That’s a rather significant character trait to spring on an unsuspecting author. Fortunately, his injury keeps me from having to delve too deeply into this part of his character yet, but in working on book two, he hit me with another kink in his personality.
This is an excerpt from One Gold Knot – Dominant Cord, Book 2 (Available July 12, 2014).
Shortly after meeting piano teacher, Hildy Klein, at a wake, Wilson, clarinetist for Dominant Cord, makes a serious error in judgement. He turns to their mutual friend, Sully, for advice. The following conversation takes place after Hildy accuses Sully of tutoring Wilson on how best to win her over.
Sully chuckled. “Of course I did, and I’m not sorry. I gave Finn help when it came to Mac, so it was only fair I gave Wil a little guidance on navigating the maze that is Hildy Klein.”
“You are nothing but a hopeless romantic. How about you stop trying to make matches for your friends and work a little harder on one for yourself. It’s time you stop being a man-slut and settle down with a nice little switch.”
“You didn’t say anything to Wilson about my occasional side-trips to the ouchy end of the hitty-stick, did you?”
“Of course not. Nobody’s business but yours. I’m sorry I let that bit about the ball-gag slip out last night.”
“Ah, the truth comes out. You’re drowning in guilt for almost outing me. I thought your forgiveness was a little too easily won. A word of warning, sweetie, you’ll need to be on your guard with Wil over your little slip. He brought it up with me today, so he’s not going to let it go.”
“You know, Sully, if you’d just come clean with the group, neither of us would have to watch our mouths. What’s the big deal?”
“Dominant Cord. That doesn’t exactly scream four Doms and a switch, does it?”
Hildy let out a long, exasperated breath. “You are such an idiot. You said it yourself, occasional trips. That doesn’t make you less of a Dom. What’s with the identity crisis?”
“I don’t know. Maybe it’s because I haven’t played in weeks, and these broken ribs make me feel less-than.”
“Whiner. Hurry up and get healed so you can pick up a hitty-stick and strike terror in the backsides of subbies everywhere.”
“Are you sure you’re not kinky?”
Where to find Sadie
Release information and buy links: