So you want to visit my blog? I’m happy to have you!
- As a general rule, I try to keep blogs between 500 and 1,000 words in length. This does not include the excerpt. Please do not send a paragraph about when the book will come out and then a 800 word excerpt.
- Do Not code documents in HTML. Inevitably important codes like line breaks, paragraph marks and so forth are left out and it makes me work twice as hard to clean the post up as it took you to put the code in there. If I receive posts with HTML, I will send it back and request it to be altered. If I don’t notice the code, it will go up with the HTML not in the source information.
- Blogging days are first come, first serve.
- I must receive posts three days in advance. Yes, emergencies happen, and I can often accommodate people the day before, but let’s not give me a panic attack on a regular basis, okay?
- Please include all images in an email. I ask that you at least have one image to contribute, the book cover.
- Also, please ensure you own the rights to post the pictures. I will send a follow up email any time an image other than the book cover is sent. It’s not out of disrespect to the sender, but to protect my own interests.
- Send text file in .rtf, .doc or .docx format. If you’re sending more than one, indicate which order they go in. I prefer one document as it makes it easier on me to figure out how things flow.
- I will schedule the posts for you, all you have to do is show up on the day the post goes live and chat with people in the comments.
- Giveaways are awesome, but not required.
- I have a randomizer plug-in that will allow me to pick winners, if you prefer I do that.
- I will Tweet, Facebook and promo it as I can.
Still interested? Hit up my Contact page and shoot me an email!