So today is my birthday, I’m all of… 27. Shocking, I know?
I didn’t start celebrating my birthday until recently, so I’m still highly uncomfortable with the attention it draws now that I actually admit that there is a day I was born on. So, I’ve decided to kind of tame down the birthday crazy by doing a contest! Makes perfect sense, huh?
One of the things I factor in yearly that I don’t talk about often is giving to charity. It’s something I think is important.
For my birthday, I want to support the Houston Firefighter’s charity that seeks to raise money for burned and crippled children. Each year they do these amazing calendars, which I’ve only recently heard about! I had to order one for myself to ensure that the quality was as good as I was hearing, and let me tell you, you’re going to love it!
So, since I’m all about sharing the birthday love, I’m going to be giving away calendars to commenters on the blog today! I’m going to give away one calendar for sure, and then for each additional ten comments, I’ll give away another calendar. So, if the blog only gets nine comments, I’ll give away 1 calendar, but if I get fifteen comments, I’ll give away two calendars, up to three. Got it? I want to give away more, but it’s the holidays on top of my birthday. My pockets have holes in them this month!
Now for the pesky details…
- Must be a US resident to enter, I know, but shipping internationally is really expensive.
- Comments can be left from 7am to 10pm, if you’re lucky I’ll forget the 10pm cut off and you can still sneak in.
- I’m all for multiple entries! Answer each question in a different comment to aquire multiple entries.
- You can only win once.
- Check back December 6th to see who the winners are. If you’re a winner, it will be your responsibility to email/tweet/send me a smoke signal.
To enter, answer one of the following questions:
- What’s your favorite charity and why? Feel free to link to the charity!
- Can you suggest a book or two that feature firefighters?
- Who would you like to take you out for a night on the town to celebrate your birthday?
- What’s your favorite birthday memory?