Later this month my next book with Ellora’s Cave, Personal Adventures, is released out into the wild. It takes place in the Rocky Mountains, between two outdoor guides. So, I thought I would take the next few Thursday Thirteens to show you thirteen various activities you can do in the different seasons.
- Skiing – The sport you think of when you think Colorado and winter!
- Snowboarding – The daredevil’s toy.
- Snowblading – Really short skiis that are clipped to skii boots and are hard to remove. See the picture on the right!
- Smowmobile Tours or Racing – Want a high speed rush? Wear a helmet!
- Night Time Ski Tours – These can include things like a bonfire dinner at the top of a ski mountain, and then a guided, torch-lit trip back down to the base.
- Snow Shoe Tours – Good for animal watching and a leisurely stroll.
- Cross Country Skiing – Not for the faint of heart! Often physically taxing, but will get you close to wildlife.
- Toubing – This is a family friendly activity. Lots of laughs and fun!
- Steamboat’s Winter Carnival – See things like ski joring (children on skiis being pulled by horses down Lincoln Avenue), the 25-Yard Dad and Dog Dash (Dad and Dog pull a child in a toboggan), the Shovel Race (being pulled on a shovel by a horse), Three Legged Races–on skiis.
- Ice Fishing – For extreme anglers only!
- Hut Touring – Extreme cross country skiing, and nights spent in huts or lodges in the wilderness.
- Dog Sledding – It’s not just for those in Canada or Alaska. You can go dog sledding in Colorado with a trained team.
- Winter X-Games – Colorado has hosted at least ten of the last fifteen X-Games. Think the extreme sports version of the Olympics.
And there you have it. A fun filled Colorado vacation! If you want to find out more about Personal Adventures, drop by the book page on my website.
3 thoughts on “Thursday Thirteen: Winter Activities in Colorado”
I’d love to take a night tour! My favorite time to hike is at night. There’s a campground that we go to in November and we look for glow worms at night. It’s a blast.
Congrats on your upcoming release!
Jennifer Leeland recently posted..Welcome
I’m not much for venturing too far in the snow. I used to be, but not since my back surgery. I’ve always wanted to go dog sledding though. The dogs are gorgeous.
Adelle Laudan recently posted..Slang
Love snowmobiling! Love the X-Games! Congratulations on your new release!
My TT is at http://paigetylertheauthor.blogspot.com/