- Tattoo Tales: Tattooing and Making Wise Decisions
- Tattoo Tales: It’s permanent, and not like a sharpie.
- Tattoo Tales: Friends don’t let friends pick bad shops.
- Tattoo Tales, where did they go?
- Tattoo Tales: The ink you want, and the ink you don’t.
- Tattoo Tales: Scheduling your appointment.
- Tattoo Tales: Getting Ink
- Tattoo Tales: Healing, and everything they don’t tell you about scabs.
People approach me often about my tattoos. Mine are so bright they’ve been mistaken as clothing or body paint. Generally, people are curious about them, the process, the story behind the tattoo, and how badly it hurt. I’ve always welcomed conversations about them, because with anything else a better educated person makes wise decisions. I’m all about understanding things before I make a decision.
I was pretty young when I knew I was going to get a tattoo. I saw ink on people, rock stars, and I loved it. I’ve always struggled with body image issues, but beautiful art is always beautiful art – and I wanted to be beautiful art. I made up a list of things I wanted to get tattooed on me, specifically the tattoo that would one day stretch across my back and I sat on it until I was 21. The basic design underwent a few alterations but the idea was still the same. I began researching tattooing and the process and how to look for an artist and for several months I rolled the decision around in my head before making that first fateful visit.
Since then I’ve learned more about the process, I know my skin type and I’ve learned the hard way how choosing to have tattoos impacts your life. So I’m going to do Tattoo Tales for the next few weeks, talking about the process of tattooing.