Today I’m going to be giving thirteen brief snippets of my latest release, Flirting with Rescue, which released yesterday. Enjoy!
1. Before Cody could interject that she was there for Grandpa G, Mr. Tall, Exotic and Sexy himself stepped into view. He wore dirty jeans and a City of Rochdale scrub top that had seen better days.
“Hi, can I help you?”
Definitely not American. He had an accent, and not the New York one.
“Hi, I’m Cody. I’m here for Grandpa G—George I mean,” she stammered.
2. “My momma,” he said by way of an explanation, “when she came here from Cuba, got a job as a masseuse. When I was little, she made me learn so that when she came home someone could rub her feet for a change. But she was a lousy tipper.”
Cody burst out laughing. He’d caught her by surprise.
“Aw, that’s sweet of you. So you’re Cuban? I couldn’t figure it out and I didn’t want to be rude and ask.”
Scott ran his hands down Cody’s back, telling himself he was looking for knots and not an excuse to touch her.
3. “Ahora tóqueme.”
“It’s kinda sexy when you boss me around in Spanish.” Cody grinned, because if this was a game between them, she was winning. Her gaze trailed down his chest to the open V of his jeans and the head of his cock straining against his black boxer briefs. And an impressive cock it was.
“You just want me to touch you?”
4. “So when should I show up to unload hay?” Scott’s voice broke into Cody’s thoughts, reminding her she was being ten kinds of rude.
“You don’t have to do that, Scott. I was only kidding.”
“I feel responsible for putting you into this tight spot. Let me come and help.”
Holding the phone away from her, Cody sighed. Of course he would feel responsible and want to help. He wasn’t just a good guy. He was a great guy.
5. The rising moon was framed perfectly by trees, fielded against an inky sky dotted with a wealth of twinkling diamonds. Relaxing into Scott’s chest, Cody smiled to herself. How many times had she imagined bringing a boy up here? Grandpa G never allowed one within ten feet of the property when she and her sisters had visited growing up.
6. “You’re beautiful,” he said, cupping her cheek.
Cody flushed and pushed his hand off her face. “You’re just horny.”
7. “I think we all get a stupid pass every now and then. Lord knows I gave my momma and daddy gray hairs when I was younger.”
“Let me guess, you were the life of the party?”
Cody sighed. “Am I that obvious?”
8. A woman didn’t call her weekend fling to check on him. Could she want more? Did she see a future happening with him? He hoped the seed of an idea was already planted.
9. “Scott, huh?”
Oh, those teasing tones.
Scott leaned against the counter, his lips drawn up in a slight smile as he watched her growing discomfort.
“Yeah, Scott, who is a friend and standing right here.” Silently Cody prayed her sister would shut up and move on to whatever she was calling for this time.
10. “Hey there, Cody-Lynn.” Mike’s smile spread as Cody approached him.
Scott pursed his lips and watched Cody, his Cody, walk into the arms of another man.
11. “Scott.” The cheer deflated.
The silence was awkward. Scott didn’t know what to say, or if he wanted to have this conversation now. Maybe in a week or a month he’d be ready for it, but not now.
12. “Tripod,” Cody called out. The dog was standing at the back door, body tense. “You cannot chase the barn cats, Tri. What am I going to do with you? It’s one thing to learn you can climb up things, but I can’t leave you on your own if I can’t trust you to get down from where you get up to.”
13. Cody lifted Scott’s hands to her lips, kissing the bruised knuckles. She squirted soap into his hands and braced hers on his chest, giving him free rein to touch her body. Scott swept his hands up and down her arms and over her shoulders. He enveloped her in his arms, sliding his hands down her back to cup her ass, and kissed her.