The last year has been tough for my family. We’ve lost someone on both sides, and it gets you thinking. I often wonder while I’m sitting there waiting for the microwave to go off, what am I doing with my life? What could I be doing during this ninty seconds?
There have always been things I knew I wanted to do in life. Swim with sharks, for example. Someday I want to do a caged dive with white sharks or something. Not everyone’s cup of tea, but I would love to have that experience under my belt. Maybe if going to Australia with my mom works out, I’ll be able to go dive off the reef down there, which is a known spot for white shark activity!
I started a discussion on a forum not that long ago about bucket lists. I was trying to think of things I wanted to do. Those events or trips you think, "I’d like to do that someday," and stick them on a list. I’ve sat ont his for a while so I could mull over stuff and I think this is it. The list of things I’d like to do someday!
- Swim with sharks.
- Get left half tattoo sleeve done.
- Finish back tattoo.
- Hold a book signing of my own. (specifying because I’ll be attending Romanticon and regardless if I have a book or not, I’ll be at the signing. I want to host one of my own)
- Kiss a physical copy of my own book.
- Ride in a hot air balloon
- Go spelunking (also huge because I’m slightly claustrophobic.
- Visit Australia/New Zeland (and hopefully swim with sharks then)
- Visit Africa.
- Go on a safari.
- Go to South America.
- Visit the remaining five states in the USA I haven’t been to.
- Live abroad, again.
- Go to Mardi Gras
- Attend the X-games
- Attend the Winter Olympics
- Attend a real fashion show, with a runway and snooty people.
- Go to a sloth preserve.
Yes, there are some odd items on the list, but hey, those are things I want to do and experience.
So what about you? Do you have a bucket list? What’s the one thing on the list people might not expect from you?
One thought on “Bucket List”
I don’t have an official bucket list, Sidney. I do think it’s fun to have a mix of items on it–not all of them have to be huge and grand and hard! I’m not sure what on mine might surprise anyone… getting through my TBR? Not surprising, but probably unlikely ;p