I announced two weeks ago now that I have another book coming out, Personal Adventures from Ellora’s Cave. It features two outdoor adventure guides in the Rocky Mountains. Last week I talked about thirteen activities to do during the winter. This week I want to talk about thirteen things to do during the summer.
- Hike the mountain trails.
- Climb the rock faces.
- Camp in the National Forests.
- White water rafting on the Arkansas River.
- Visit the casinos.
- Visit a dude ranch and ride a horse along a mountain trail.
- Take the train up to Pike’s Peak.
- Native American historical sites, like the Manitou Cliff Dwellings.
- Antique rail road trips.
- Visit an old mine and wild west show.
- Visit old forts, like Fort Vasquez, the site of an old fur-trading post.
- Take a dip in the hot springs.
- Enjoy a rodeo!
3 thoughts on “Thursday Thirteen: Summer Activities in Colorado”
I love the rodeo. These are all great and I’m going to do a lot of these things this summer.
Jennifer Leeland recently posted..Welcome
Not really an outdoor girl, unless it’s jogging or going to the beach! LOL!
My TT is at http://paigetylertheauthor.blogspot.com/
The train ride sounds fun. I haven’t done that in years.
Alice Audrey recently posted..13 Chocolate Syrup Smiley Faces