Six Sentence Sunday: Personal Adventures

This entry is part 12 of 12 in the series Personal Adventures

Welcome back to Six Sentence Sunday! I’m out of town this weekend with my mom, who is pedling hard in a really big cycling competition, and then we’re making the long drive home. Please have some patience with me if it takes some time to approve comments, reply and get around to commenting on all the other fantastic blogs.

The last few weeks I’ve shared the opening lines of my latest book with Ellora’s Cave, Personal Adventures. It released May 18th. I’m super excited! You can find out all of the release information on the book page. Today is the last share I’m going to do with this book. If you missed the previous two shares, our hero, Carey, has asked his best friend out on a date, and it’s taken her a little while to respond.

It was one of the reasons he didn’t want to screw up something that could be good on so many levels. She challenged him.

“Why?” she squeaked.

“Because, this is the first time we’ve both been single. I think we could be good together.”

And there you have it. The last share. If you want to know how their story happens, read the book!

Tune in next week when I’ll begin sharing teasers from my July book in the Ellora’s Cave Pricked theme, Under His Skin. It’s the first book in my first series!

Personal Adventures blurb

Carey’s had the hots for his best friend and outdoor adventures coworker Elise for two years, but the timing has never been right. Now they’re both single and Carey wants to entice her into an adventure that’s about just the two of them. In the bedroom, in the hot tub, under the beautiful Colorado sky…

Elise doesn’t buy into the idea of love, but lust she understands. Carey’s friendship is important, but a relationship doesn’t fit into Elise’s five-year plan. She isn’t looking to repeat her parents’ mistakes.

With secrets coming out from under every rock and desire unchecked, this adventure might make more than the water on their rafting trips rush.

Series Navigation<< Six Sentence Sunday: Personal Adventures

28 comments for “Six Sentence Sunday: Personal Adventures

1. June 3, 2012 at 8:32 am

Love best-friends-turned-lovers stories! Great six!
    Dara Ames recently posted..Six Sentence Sunday: Wicked AnticipationMy Profile

2. June 3, 2012 at 9:28 am

I hope he hasn’t screwed it up. Great six! :)
    Jessica Subject recently posted..Six Sentence Sunday – Danyka is not on Earth anymore in SATIN SHEETS IN SPACE #sixsundayMy Profile

3. June 3, 2012 at 9:54 am

I love that he’s clearly been pining for her. Great six!!
    K.E. Saxon recently posted..Six Sentence Sunday #24My Profile

4. June 3, 2012 at 10:13 am

I believe him :) they’d be good together for sure
    S. J. Maylee recently posted..Six Sentence Sunday #20My Profile

5. June 3, 2012 at 10:21 am

Aww…such a sweet guy. Looking forward to the whole thing asap. :)
    Karla Doyle recently posted..Six Sentence Sunday-06/03/2012My Profile

6. June 3, 2012 at 10:48 am

I love friends to lovers stories! And I bet they will be good together.

7. June 3, 2012 at 11:36 am

Dude. I love this book so much. Seriously. I’m reading the released version now. I may love it more…
    Suzan Butler recently posted..Six Sentence Sunday: There may be no such thing as ‘No Strings Attached’My Profile

8. June 3, 2012 at 11:51 am

Friends to lover stories are some of my favorites! Great six!

9. sue
    June 3, 2012 at 12:02 pm

they’re already friends, they’re both single….go for it!
    sue recently posted..Six Sentence Sunday June 3My Profile

10. June 3, 2012 at 1:07 pm

I do like assertive men…great six!

11. June 3, 2012 at 1:43 pm

Love her squeaked out challenge. She’s definitely surprised. :)
    Monica Enderle Pierce recently posted..Six Sentence Sunday: Flight #26 — AwakeningMy Profile

12. Lea Griffith
    June 3, 2012 at 1:49 pm

Another impressive six. I have got to get this downloaded. :D And I’m really looking forward to Under His Skin.

13. June 3, 2012 at 2:03 pm

You achieve such a nice feel–and such wonderful characterization–in so few words.

14. June 3, 2012 at 2:05 pm

Seems she didn’t see it coming…I like him, have the book on the TBR list – great six!
    Veronica Scott recently posted..Six Sentence Sunday – Science Fiction Adventure ContinuesMy Profile

15. June 3, 2012 at 3:51 pm

Best friends to lovers is always a chancy scenario. Excellent for readers, edgy for protagonists. :)
    Elin Gregory recently posted..Six Sentence SundayMy Profile

16. June 3, 2012 at 5:29 pm

This is the moment that changes everything…when they move from friends to lovers.
    Cara Bristol recently posted..Six Sentence Sunday: A peek at False PretensesMy Profile

17. June 3, 2012 at 6:24 pm

Sid, I really and truly love this story. <3
    Ally Daniels recently posted..Six Sentence Sunday: Wine is WineMy Profile

18. June 3, 2012 at 6:28 pm

Putting this on the TBR list. I’m a sucker for a good friends to lover story and the setting sounds great:)
    Eleri Stone recently posted..Six Sentence SundayMy Profile

19. June 3, 2012 at 7:54 pm

Her “squeak” is telling. Pretty sure she’s thought about his proposition before. Great six!
    Cherie Marks recently posted..Six Sunday–Have MercyMy Profile