- It’s a Pricked Party!
- Resurrecting Gods and Stealing Names with Anya Richards
- Inspiration Inked, by S.J. Drum
- The book that almost wasn’t.
- Eileen Ann Brennan brings the mancandy.
- God of Ecstasy with Lena Loneson
- Fiona Jayde and Kicking Ass
- Tattooed Man Candy with Cynthia Sax
- The Intimacy of Ink, with tattoo artist and author James R. Tuck
- The tattoos in Under His Skin
- Pricked Party: How “Passionate Ink” was born.
- Saranna DeWylde and the meaning of tattoos.
- Redeeming the Troll with Anya Richards
- What comes after Under His Skin?
- Pricked Party, it’s been fun
I’m super excited about welcoming S.J. Drum here today for the Pricked Party.
In celebration of the launch of Ellora’s Cave’s new PRICKED line, I’d like to share a bit about what tattoos mean to me as an author.
Jed, the hero in SINFUL SOUTHERN INK, is given an awesome tattoo of a Steampunk style cowboy spur. To be honest, I’m not sure where the idea came from. Like most of my storylines and details, the Steampunk Spur Tattoo seemed to appear out of the ether and demand its place on the page.
After I finished writing SINFUL SOUTHERN INK, I couldn’t get Jed’s tattoo out of my mind. As a writer, the only way I can usually get things out of my head is to write them down. So, I wrote it down…on my skin. I already had quite a few tattoos and each year, my mother and my husband chip in to buy me a new tattoo as a Mother’s Day present. Awesome, I know!
As it turns out, the tattoo I received isn’t the same tattoo Jed received in SINFUL SOUTHERN INK, but it does share a theme. Steampunk.
In this case, the story inspired the tattoo. Sometimes, one of my tattoos will spark the idea for story.
Do you have tattoos? What do they mean to you?
Jed Weston is a tall, hard country boy with dangerous cowboy charm and piercings in all the right places. As Abigail’s partner in her tattoo and piercing shop, he’s kept things between them on a strictly professional level. Until Abigail’s violent past catches up with her and she seeks his comfort—comfort that leads to an intense emotional and sexual connection neither can ignore. Jed’s jealous ex-girlfriend, a nosy reporter, and a potential father-in-law on death row won’t keep him from the woman who makes him hard at the very sight of her. Nothing will keep Jed Weston from catching—and keeping—the woman he loves.
Former zookeeper turned author S.J. Drum writes Urban Fantasy and Erotic Romance novels, each with a bit of Steampunk flair.
S.J. has a terribly expensive and utterly useless BA in Studio Arts with a minor in Psychology.
When she’s not changing diapers or writing, she enjoys scuba diving and has been known to make an elephant do a headstand.